Reading Programs & Resources
Category: Reading Resources
Bridge the gap with Branches, Scholastic's line of early chapter books!!
Scholastic proudly presents Branches–a unique line of books specifically designed for newly independent readers aged 5-8 who are ready to make the exciting leap from leveled readers, but not quite prepared for a traditional chapter book. Branches books help boost reading confidence and stamina with easy to-read text, high-interest content and illustrations on every page.
- Easy-to-read text
- Simple plotlines
- Plenty of context clues
- Purposeful illustrations that aid reading comprehension
Why Do Kids Like BRANCHES?
Kids like reading Branches series because these books:
- Contain humorous stories
- Feature strong, fast-paced plotlines
- Invite readers to solve problems along with the characters
- Engage kids so they feel successful in reading an entire chapter book
- Present familiar characters that they come to know and like
- Feature artwork on every page, some with eyecatching visual features such as speech bubbles
- Are books they can recommend to their friends
Why Do Educators Like BRANCHES?
Educators like using Branches series because these books:
- Encourage students to utilize different reading strategies—such as context clues—to determine unfamiliar words
- Help readers integrate meaning, syntax, and phonics easily
- Provide accessible language and vocabulary
- Have high-interest storylines
- Feature relatable characters and situations
- Are formatted with readable sentence structures
- Display a variety of engaging formats, like diary entries, comic panels, traditional text, and more
- Help to improve comprehension